HELP - How To Sync
Sometimes the streams may not be perfectly synchronised. To manually fix this, adjust the game broadcast using Youtube's controls or the buttons beneath the player, so that the in-game timer matches the timer shown on the liveview stream.
There is a video demonstration at the bottom of this page.
Syncing using Youtube player controls (works best on desktop):
- Look at the difference between the in-game timer and the liveview timer. For example, if the in-game timer says 7:00, but the liveview only says 6:30, the difference is 30 seconds (i.e. the liveview is 30 seconds behind the game).
Be careful if a replay is occuring on the game broadcast as it will change the in-game timer and should not be used to sync.
- Pause or adjust the YouTube video so that the timers match. For example: If the liveview is 30 seconds behind the game broadcast, pause the game for 30 seconds so the liveview can catch up, or use the in-video timeline to jump to the approriate point.
Syncing using buttons (useful for mobile):
On mobile, it may be difficult to use YouTube's inbuilt controls to accurately synchronise the timers, don't worry, there is another option.
- Note the difference between the in-game timer and the liveview timer, as described in step 1 above.
- Below the Youtube video, there is a bar containing 6 buttons. These can be used to skip forward and backward on the youtube broadcast, in the denoted increments.
- Use these buttons to adjust the youtube video until the timers match. For example: If the liveview is 30 seconds behind the game broadcast, you may pause the video for 30 seconds using the pause/play button so the liveview can catch up, or press the -1s or -5s buttons as necessary until the timers match.
Watch the video demonstration below for further clarification.